Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring


Hi, everyone.




Well, I was thinking it might be nice to have a website so that we could update everyone on things in our family as they occur. So, here it is.




We have survived winter, hooray! The sun is out occasionally, which always makes me feel better. I was able to take Sophie to the park twice this week.




I wanted to thank Truda and everyone for the Living Waters concert. It was a moving experience for me, and I appreciate everyone being there and for all the contributions. If you didn't know, we are trying to buy a wheelchair van so that we don't have to yank Ben in and out of his chair to go someplace. So if anyone has any hookups...let us know!




We have received a very nice power wheelchair, and it will be great when we get that up and running. Right now we've just hit a couple glitches with the technology, though, so it's not in use. Technology can be a blessing and a curse, as I'm sure we'll come to find out more and more.




I also just wanted everyone to know that the ALS Association is such a resource for us. If you ever feel like going to any events or just giving a donation, that is the place to do it. They have given us so much free equipment from the loan closet. And they are always willing to listen and help out with any problems we may have. There are also events that are held to raise money that they sometimes need volunteers for and such. The Grape Event in May is the next event. Here is a link to their site:






I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I will leave you with a link my brother sent me of Sophie on the piano. It's pretty cute!






Take care. We love you all and appreciate all your thoughts, prayers and messages.




Love,


Sarah, Ben and Sophie


6 comments:

Unknown said...

You might be able to embed that video right into this blog page. I can look up how, if you want me to.

- a

Tony Fortkamp said...

Thanks for the heads up on the blog. Will check it often.

KatieH said...

Hey

Sophie was so cute singing and playing on the piano. What a cool idea to create a family blog.

cranbrs said...

Oh that's hilarious! Watching that makes me think of how little kids do so many of the same things. Savannah sings and dances the exact same way that Sophie does! It's funny how they are so close in age (9 days apart), yet don't know each other, but do very similar things. Kids are so funny that way! I hope yall are doing well, and we think of you often!

PhoenixRoach said...

Hello.

This is John Roach, Ben's roommate from Freshman year in college, in Alumni Hall (go Dawgs!)

I had hoped to get in touch with Ben via this blog, as I have a film we made about some friends of ours from Notre Dame that I think he would really like to see.. You can see the website at www.thetripthere.com. I don't see any sort of contact information posted here however?

My email address is jfroach@gmail.com. If you could provide me contact information for Ben or his wife I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much.

John Roach
jfroach@gmail.com

dat said...

THE BOY!!!

Good to see your face, brother. Been a long time, but I'm sure you're the same good man. And your daughter is precious...looks like you.

Thanks for setting up the blog - whoever's to blame.

peace and GOD BLESS,
migs