Here are a few things going on...
Ben got his new communication device and we love it. He can e-mail and talk to use using just his eyes and a click of a switch. Here he is with Sophie. She is touching the screen to make it work as well. It's nice, because she climbs up in his lap to use it with him.
Birthday
Ben is now 32 years old, if you can believe it. He has been through a lot in the past year and a half, but he still looks pretty good! Many people stopped by to wish him Happy Birthday and he received several cards in the mail from all our friends and family. We even had a little bonfire party and hayride out at the Krile's place. Thanks so much for making his birthday so special! Here's some party pics:



Baby
Well, I am about 30 weeks pregnant now, so we are getting down to the wire! In the next few months I need to set up some rooms and rearrange some things so that we can be ready for the January 14th due date. We are getting pretty excited! Sophie already loves the baby, so I think she'll be fine. For some reason, we think it's a boy, so we haven't come up with any girl names. Maybe we should think about that....just in case our intuition is leading us astray!
Halloween
Sophie was a cutie pumpkin for Halloween this year! She loved watching all the ghosts and goblins and Transformers running around. She took EVERYTHING in, including the candy.
Here she is in her pumpkin outfit:
Brain Technology
Also, there was a segment on 60 Minutes last weekend about new Brain Technology, which allows a person to be able to communicate using brainwaves and a computer, and it may eventually be used for people with spinal cord/motor neuron decline to use it to drive wheelchairs and move mechanical arms. Check out the link below.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/31/60minutes/main4560940.shtml
Thanks for reading, everyone! Hope you all are doing well and remember to leave us some comments!

2 comments:
Hey guys,
I love that Ben can talk let us know what he is thinking now. I had a good time at the bonfire and hope that we make it a tradition.
Love to all.....baby too.
Cathy
Hey Ben! It's Roach. I'm really glad you guys have this blog up.
I saw this sweet article in ESPN on Notre Dame intramural football and thought of you. Figured you'd like to check it out, as somehow you were able to get up and play on hungover Sunday mornings.
I also read your graduation speech and it just floored me man. You're in inspiration, truly.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=darcy/081120&sportCat=ncf
Post a Comment